Diaper Stockpiling

I bought our first box of diapers this month!!

I am ridiculously excited about this. It's something I've been thinking about doing since we decided to adopt, but holy smokes - those things are pricey! Did a little bit of research and it seems like Amazon's subscribe and save is a good deal, so I'm trying it out for a bit. I've been buying little things here and there - bath toys,  teethers, books for Christmas, books for Valentines... I've made a list of all the books in our children's' library... no joke - there are 129 books. I've had to store them in two different places because I ran out of room. Once I saw that number, after feeling infinitely proud of our collection, I realized it may be time to take a break and focus on buying other things in preparation for Baby Shoe. Of course, this decision was made after I bought one more darling book for a Valentine's Day present.


Growing up, my mom always made a big deal out of Valentine's Day for us. The kitchen table would be decorated with hearts hanging from the ceiling fan, confetti sprinkled over a tablecloth, festive paper plates, a card and little gifts for the whole family. Looking back, this is where my love of the holiday started. It's not just for couples; it's for family, for friends, for everyone.

We just mailed five copies of our updated profile book to our agency, so I'm hopeful it will reach the right family, either in print or online. Please share our story, blog, Facebook page, Instagram or ask us for a stack of connect cards. I'll pop those in the mail for you to pass out. This journey to parenthood has been so, so long. It's hard to hold onto hope when it feels like there is no end in sight, but we know this is just a chapter. The next one is around the corner, maybe not today or tomorrow, but soon. In the meantime, I need to reorganize this closet to make room for diapers.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts