Updated Profile Book

I know it's been a while we've posted anything and I'll be giving some updates on what we've been up to in another post. For now, I wanted to share our updated profile book which I'm feeling pretty proud of.

As it's been a couple years since our agency created the original, I felt like it was time to update our profile book. I think this is more of a reflection of who we are today - we've gone through job changes, lost our sweet pup, Sheldon, moved houses, been challenged, grown as people, celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and continued waiting. 

This wait has not been easy. It's been so much longer than we'd imagined and we have no definitive timeline. There are times it hurts so much to hold onto hope. For a while I needed to take a break. I stepped back from social media, from adoption blogs and podcasts, from hope. I needed that time to work through a few things. I was identifying so much of who I was with being a waiting adoptive mom that I lost sight of everything else. So I took a break, talked to wise friends and started re-investing into myself, friendships, family and the present. 

While I will be trekking back into the wilds of social media, it will be with a different perspective. You'll see more of us and less comments about the future. This is not to say we're giving up or any less anxious to hold our daughter. We're continuing to buy things every month for her, adding books to her library and talk about our dreams for her. She's never far from our thoughts. But the reality is, she's not here yet and this journey has been three years already. We have life to live, things to do, changes to embark upon. We are more than the wait. 


I based this book largely off a maker's profile book who has completed two adoptions. Thank you, Mindy!

Comments

Popular Posts